Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why does soda have so much sugar?

One thing I would love for the soft drink companies to do is what the potato chip companies have been doing for a while. They have low sodium potato chips- nothing added just some sodium not added. Why can't the soda companies do the same with sugar? It would be cheaper and they could sell it for minimally the same price as their regular soda. Orange juice has 21g of sugar per 8oz. Pepsi has 41g; Coke has 39g. Why can't they reduce the amount of sugar to the amount in OJ, 21g? Maybe then we could actually taste the kola. Wouldn't also make sense from a marketing perspective? Supposedly Big Brother wants companies to produce healthy food- why not demand it of the soft drink companies?

Reduce the sugar and DO NOT add anything else.

3 comments:

  1. Try Coke Zero....I like it and it's the closest to real soda...or any flavor Dr.Pepper!Yum! I am pissed at Dancing with the Stars! Apparently,talent doesn't matter anymore....it's again about popularity and Money! C'mon folks....Chaz Bono...made it thru? WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenny! It's your cuz,Karen! Thankyou for this blog! Now I have a place to vent,comment,or just say hi! Peace,my cousin!I can still remember holding you and dying inside from your cuteness when you were little!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried Coke Zero and Pepsi Max. You do know they put artificial garbage that is a million times worse than high fructose corn syrup into it. In non-US versions they even put in sodium cyclamate. I WANT sugar in my soda, I just don't need 41 grams of it, and I DON'T want artificial sweetners. Nature puts in far less sugar into its products yet people love it.

    Oh and thank you SO much Karen for putting it out there that I was so cute, as to die for :P

    ReplyDelete