Monday, August 22, 2011

Business 101

It would seem to me that customer satisfaction should be high on any company's priority list. Certainly small to medium size businesses. Why is it then that at 85% of businesses don't understand that concept?

On the flip side: there is a mechanic near where I live that is honest, hard working and regards customer satisfaction as job 1. We brought our car in because our front brakes were shot. We first got an estimate at Midas, not because we don't trust our mechanic, he charged us over $100 less. Not only that but he worked after 5. He needed to order a part but the supplier's drivers had already gone home. The owner of the repair shop picked up the part himself. The job was done around 6:15 and I picked it up 25 minutes later. I will go back to this guy for everything my car needs. I will even buy gas there even if its a little cheaper elsewhere.

Instead of nickel and diming me and telling us to come back tomorrow he finished the job well and cheaply. Now I will spend more money in his business. What a concept, thinking about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment